Here’s another idea for a yummy dinner that is easy to prepare in large quantities.
PESTO PASTA SALAD with ROTISSERIE CHICKEN
- 2 Cups prepared pesto (I love Costco’s)
- 2 pounds cooked fusilli pasta (any variety will work, but pasta that has some nubbins to hold the sauce is best.)
- 1 – 2 rotisserie chickens (depending on size), shred cooked meat into large chunks (You can also buy pre-shredded rotisserie chicken meat from Costco or most grocery stores. It costs more, but sometimes it’s worth it if you’re short on time.)
- 10 ounces of arugula
- 2 – 12 ounce containers of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 Cup crumbled feta cheese
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- Freshly ground salt & pepper
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions. Rinse pasta with cool water.
- Toss pasta in a large bowl with pesto and chicken until everything is evenly coated. (If you don’t have a large enough bowl, then toss half at a time.)
- Add the arugula, tomatoes, feta, and squeeze fresh lemon juice over top. (The fresh lemon juice gives this dish a fantastic brightness.) Sprinkle with a couple grinds of salt & pepper.
- Toss again lightly, and sprinkle again with a couple of grinds of salt & pepper.
That’s it! This is the main dish I prepared on Monday night. I served it along with a sliced baguette and butter, and a fresh cantaloupe cut into wedges. This meal provided tasty nourishment to 14 hungry women, plus my family of four.