This is my favorite type of recipe – one that is simple and fast, while still creating a fabulous presentation. I made this appetizer using a recipe featured on rachaelraymag.com. However, I doubled the original recipe because I always have a crowd to feed, and mixed in some additional ingredients to add some brightness to the flavor of the dish. What makes this recipe work so well is using an “Easy Accent Decorator” that I purchased years ago from Pampered Chef. It is a kitchen gadget that is worth the investment ($25.00) if you want to create a beautiful food presentation with limited time.
DEVILED EGG CUPS
- 2 boxes (1.9 oz.) mini phyllo shells (I found some at Vons.)
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1-2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard, depending on your preference
- Fresh juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed (fresh or dried)
- Freshly ground salt & pepper to taste
- Sweet or smoked paprika to garnish
- Crisp shells in 350 degrees degree oven for 5 minutes; let cool.
- In food processor, puree eggs, mayo, Dijon, lemon juice, and dill weed.
- Season with salt & pepper and blend until well incorporated.
- Fill shells with egg mixture; sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve immediately. Makes 30.